Nineveh-uk has posted another bit
of Sayers-inspired brilliance, this time featuring Bunter and tissue-paper. Work-safe.
Marginalina linked to the Yuletide brainstorming post
; I clicked. That crashing sound you hear in the background is my resolve to stay out of fests this year colliding with the possibility of prompting some good FAKE fic. More on that in a sec.
My original shortlist + runners-up is on page 7 of the comments therein
, but I had a three-hour drive earlier today, which meant I had time to ponder what I really want. So the fandoms I currently plan to nominate are looking more like this:
1. FAKE - Sanami Matoh
2. Haru wo Daiteita - Youka Nitta
3. Copenhagen - Michael Frayn
5. Chicago Manual of Style
6. Vicky Bliss - Elizabeth Peters
Some thoughts (in reverse order) on fic I'd like to see, whether via Yuletide or some other panfandom challenge or me-writing-it-myself-during-some-future-
bout-of-insomnia (and yes, this is partly so I don't forget all this when it's time to write my "Dear Yuletide Santa" letter -- although it'll definitely need trimming so as not to scare whomever's assigned to me out of her or his gourd). I guess I should cut for spoilers for some of these...( 6. Vicky Bliss )
5. CMOS - oh, the possibilities. CMOS/MLA bondage or hatesex, CMOS/APA, two CMOS rules together, one single CMOS rule... mwahahahahaha. I really am not kidding when I say that 17.169 would lend itself nicely to an extended exploration of UST.
4. Muppets. Heh. Coming up with potential guest-stars (which may or may not violate the "no crossovers" guideline - I'm just brainstorming here) was a welcome mental break. Possibilities, in rough order of preference:
anyone from Tenth Doctor Who or Torchwood (actor or character)
Cthulhu or Hastur from User-Friendly (and dudes, current storyline involves the Large Hadron Collider. Whee!)
anyone from Haru wo Daiteita
anyone from Neil Gaiman's Sandman series
Lord Peter Wimsey. Bonus for scenes showing Bunter dealing with the insanity
3. Copenhagen. More discussion and/or flashbacks among those involved.
2. Haru wo Daiteita: Yoshizumi or Shimizu gen; Iwaki/Katou PWP...
1. FAKE - some possibilities:
( And now for the mini-manifesto... my personal preferences re: FAKE fic )
Dee and Jim Campbell friendship fic
Ryo's early twenties - answering questions from Dee, Carol, and/or Bikky about his time in the Army (if that's what he did), or Dee mulling over how Ryo's Army habits/skills show up in his current habits, or how Ryo met his bomb-making friend (if it wasn't via the Army)
Ryo and Dee discuss and compare their knowledge of bombs
Kai and/or Louise (second season) - what are their stories?
The 27th precinct heads to Bikky and Carol's wedding. Craziness and crises meet them there.
( second season spoiler )
Ok, that's more than I meant to say... and I'm not done yet. Some other day. The to-post list also includes a delightful German translation of "Those I Can Save" (courtesy of LJ:incapability87), a couple of audiofics (once I stop coughing long enough to record them), some recs of FAKE fics (especially ones not in the usual archives), and the ever-floating raft of to-writes (once they're written, heh). But for now it's back to the comma mines. *hugs to all who wants 'em*